Landscapes and wines, those of Chulilla, divine
That was the slogan of a poster at the entrance to the town in the 80s. Without a doubt, it is still true, especially with regard to landscapes.
Chulilla is a town in the mountains of Valencia with little more than 700 inhabitants, and narrow streets and white houses, crowned by a medieval castle and surrounded by the waters of the Turia river. Ancient traditions are still maintained, such as going to bake tipical sweets to the bakery, going out with chairs to the street to have ‘la fresca’ in summer with the neighbors, or ‘jalbegar’ (painting with lime) the undersides of the facades, especially when the festivities approach.
Its Mediterranean climate makes you enjoy mild temperatures most of the year and, thanks to this privileged situation, Chulilla offers you endless activities, all related to nature.
An ideal place to combat daily stress and forget about everything, because if there is a word that defines the town, it is TRANQUILITY. Chulilla is a town to discover little by little, so we will not tell you more, we simply invite you to come and meet us.
PLACES OF INTEREST
- Hiking routes: Charco Azul, Ruta de los Pantaneros, Frailecico…
- Medieval Castle (S. XI – XIX)
- Hermitage of Sánta Bárbara
- Church of Nuestra Señora de Los Angeles
- Balneario de Fuencaliente (currently closed)
- Cave paintings
- Climbing sectors
- La Enramá (1st weekend of May)
- Festivities in honor of Santa Bárbara (August)
- Festivities of Cristo del Perdón – Las Cruces (September)